This is a pretty awesome wordpress client for the n900. Its available in extra-devel so get it at you own risk.
I took the screenshots but needed to save them to the images folder as jpg so that you could add them through the client.
Finally a full move to wordpress YAY! -
Praveen helped me a lot and thanks to him for all his time. First we setup on one host then migrated over to another set of machines, details of which I am not going into. Anyway bottom line is that I finally have it running and everything imported. I know i need to fix the tags and categories but hey one step at a time.
Sorry for breaking your links if you did have any pointers to this site but I really couldn’t manage to continue any longer on Blogengine.net. These were my main pain points.
- Private posts/Password protected posts – This is quite a nice feature especially when you want to avoid foot in the mouth and probably even use this as a diary .
- Updates – WordPress just pushes them on and its a piece of cake. If you are interested in just writing and don’t want to waste time maintaining then this really helps. I actually started with 2.9.2 and upgraded to wordpress 3.0
- Themes – This is more of a personal choice. I really love the variety of WordPress themes available.
- Plugins – Very mature set of plugins that you can install directly from the admin screen and with 3.0 even the import plugins are all on demand installs.
- Mobile Blogging – There are a rich set of clients available and this was one major factor that made me decide. N900/iphone/symbian/droid/WM you name it and its supported.
Now back to entertaining Eli.
I really wanted to move over to wordpress on SQL but hit so many roadblocks during the migration. The major one was during the import which just didn’t progress. I’m not really certain why and to put it politely – the reporting just doesn’t exist.
- Blogengine’s spam tool doesn’t delete spam comments causing my export file to go about 2.4MB – PHP folks would know this limit quite well.
- WordPress Version 2.9.2 (beta) had problems importing. Not sure if this was due to the WordPress file export version mismatch. The process was very eager to get to the “Have Fun” prompt without actually doing any import.
- I got WP 3.0 running locally and managed to connect to sql and import but the actual hosting environment had issues connecting so this was a show stopper.
Anyway I will be leaving things as is but am I not sure when I will give this a shot again.
Hmm.. my n900 might have to go.. its almost new
ErrorLevel is not %ERRORLEVEL% . This is probably the first one you should read.
Next is the usage of the ERRORLEVEL statement. http://support.microsoft.com/kb/69576
The following table shows the effect of statement when writing your batch scriipt.
Statement Algebraic Equivalent. IF ERRORLEVEL 5 … IF E = 5 OR E > 5 THEN … IF NOT ERRORLEVEL 6 IF E < 6 THEN …
Here is a sample using findstr and error level. Findstr returns 0 if it successfully finds any occurrence.
findstr -sip Failed log.txt > NULLIF NOT ERRORLEVEL 1 ( echo Found.) else ( echo Not Found.)